Thursday, November 8, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Banana Post Work-Out Recovery Shake

My workouts consist mainly of jogging/running. I drink a lot of water throughout the day before I work out, then I drink one of these shakes after I'm done. By the time I'm finished with it, I feel like I'm ready to work out again! It's a great source of Omega-3's, fiber, and protein!

Ingredients-

1 Cut up Frozen Banana
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Soymilk
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp Hemp Powder
1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs (Not Pictured)


Directions-

You will want to make sure that you cut up the banana at least a few hours before you intend to make the shake. Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.

I don't think I could function without it. Regular protein shakes with dairy in it are harsh on me, especially on an empty stomach after a work out. My body doesn't have any negative reactions to this. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment