Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gluten-Free Vegan Tortilla Recipe FAIL... Well, sort of.

Ok, so I feel really making mexican food, and I am eating a delicious flour tortilla, and my wife has to suffer with corn tortillas. :( I want to make some gluten-free tortillas so she doesn't have to eat corn tortillas. Here are the ingredients that I used, I figured it shouldn't be too far off from making regular tortillas.

2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup soy milk
3 tbsp canola oil

oil for cooking tortillas in skillet

I mixed all the ingredients together well.


I let the dough sit for an hour, covered.


Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. (kind of, I'm really bad with eyeing things up like that)


Heated up my skillet on medium heat with canola oil and placed one ball of dough at a time in the pan and flattened with a spatula since it was too sticky to roll out. They turned out ok, and they are usable, but there has to be a better way. I'm thinking of trying a different type of gluten-free all purpose flour. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment