Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Currently, I am not Vegan, but I did have a period of 7 months earlier this year where I followed a Vegan diet, just to see if I could do it. Now, if there is a way for me to make something without animal products, and it's not too much of a hassle, I will do it.

You will find a Gluten-Free Vegan pie crust recipe here. This recipe is just for the filling. If you are making your own crust, I suggest that you take a look at the pie crust recipe first!

Ingredients-

-1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
-1 cup soymilk
-3/4 cup sugar
-4 tbsp corn starch
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ground ginger
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp ground cloves
-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

(I had to crush up the whole cloves myself, that is the brown powder in front)


Preparation

Preheat the oven right away to 350 degrees, this wont take long. Mix all of the ingredients together until combined well. Pour into your unbaked pie shell.


Bake your pie for 60 minutes. When you take it out of the oven, it will seem runny, but actually thickens while it cools down. Just be sure not to cut into it before it cools down over the next couple hours.


There you have it, a Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie! I bet if you brought this to your family's Thanksgiving, they wouldn't know it is Gluten-Free or Vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment