Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust Recipe

This is the first time that I have ever made a gluten-free pie crust. I wanted to give it a try since Emily has a gluten intolerance, and Thanksgiving is coming up quickly!!!! It turned out really well, and you only need 4 ingredients, I took a picture of the ingredients before I realized I needed to add sugar.

Ingredients-

-1/2 cup vegetable shortening
-1 tsp salt
-1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
-2 tbsp white sugar
-1/2 cup water


Mix together the first four ingredients with a fork until the shortening and other ingredients get clumpy, then add the water and mix until it is completely combined.

I tried rolling the dough out, but it is very fragile, and kept breaking when I tried to get it to the pie pan.


I ended up balling up the dough, putting it in the pan, and forming it in there. I wrapped my hand in plastic wrap so it wouldn't stick to my hand while I formed it.


Now you have your pie crust, in the pan, ready for you to fill and bake! If you are looking for a Gluten-Free Vegan pie to make, try my pumpkin pie recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment