Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vegan Gluten-Free Fries/Potato Wedges

I've made these A LOT, they're simple enough to prepare within the amount of time that it takes for the oven to preheat, and they are delicious!

Ingredients-

-3 Russet Potatoes
-1 Tbsp Corn Starch
-1 1/2 Tsp Seasoned Salt
-1/2 Tsp any other seasoning you would like
1-2 Tbsp Canola Oil or Olive Oil


Start out with preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Then peel the potatoes and cut in half, cut the halves in half the long way, then cut at an angle, making them wedges. Place the wedges into a ziplock bag and add the dry ingredients. 


Shake vigorously ensuring that all wedges are covered. Add the oil to the bag, reseal, and shake again.

Take a cookie sheet and lay down a layer of parchment paper on it. The parchment paper keeps the wedges from sticking. Lay the wedges out individually with a little space in-between. I stick to 3 potatoes because I know that I can safely fit 3 potatoes worth of wedges on one cookie sheet.


Place the wedges in the oven for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, turn the wedges over and bake for another 15 minutes.

When you remove them from the oven after 30 minutes of baking, they should look something like this!


My favorite condiments for these are sriracha hot sauce mixed with ketchup, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment