Monday, April 28, 2014

9 months on, 9 months off...

I wish this were one of those blog posts where I talked about how my baby weight just fell off.

It's not. 

I am aware that it takes time, and I wish I were more patient. 

I'm not.

Aaron & I welcomed a beautiful baby girl on August 12, 2013. She is a true blessing, and the weight was worth it. 
Every. Single. Pound.

Before getting pregnant I was in the best shape of my life. I weighed less at the age of 22 than I had as a freshman in high school. I worked my tail off to get into the 130s. I suffer from an endocrine that makes it extremely difficult for women to lose weight. I felt amazing, and for the first time since the age of 14 my bloodwork work came back NORMAL. 

I wish this were the point where I told you that I felt amazing during my pregnancy.

I didn't.

I also wish I could say I ate healthy and stayed active.

Nope, didn't happen.

I was sick, daily. I spent a lot of my time in bed during my pregnancy. My experience carrying our sweet little girl was the polar opposite to carrying little M (they remain polar opposites to this day, minus the sassy part). I threw my gluten free diet out the window, ate what I wanted and moved less. 

I gained almost 50 pounds.

Yes, 5-0.

Full term pregnant I weighed close to my starting weight before, that's the part that made me nervous. 

So there I was back at square one. Except now I have a second little human to take care of. 

Our little lady is 8 months, almost 9 months old. I often hear people say, "It took 9 months to put it on, it will take 9 months to take it off". WHAT A JOKE. Little M was born in 2007, I lost my "baby weight" (and then some).....do you know how long it took? 4 1/2 YEARS. 

I have lost some of my baby weight. Eating better, and getting back to being active is an ongoing process. I still have 15 pounds to go. I will get there, but it won't be 9 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment